Isaiah 41:13 (NKJV)

For I, the LORD your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, "Fear not, I will help you."

Sunday, May 28, 2006

What is the chief end of man?

"The chief end of man is to glorify God and enjoy Him forever." (Westminster Catechism)

Recently, this theme has been knocking on my door. It takes the foreground sometimes, but my mind wouldn't allow this to dwell for too long.

"The chief end of man is to glorify God and enjoy Him forever."

wow.

MY CHIEF END is to GLORIFY GOD and ENJOY HIM FOREVER.

What about me is glorifying God?

Am I enjoying God?

Maybe. Sometimes.

But
how come it's not ALL THE TIME?

sigh.

The genuine love that I've received from God has compelled me to serve Him. Yet, why have I allowed myself to be bogged down by all the "DO"s and forget to enjoy God in the midst of all these stuff?

I question God all the time: about the frustrations I have, about the feeling of being unsupported, the feeling that I don't know where I'm going anymore... His promises? what promises?

I am suddenly that little girl sitting in that dark corner again.

It's when I don't spend enough quality time with my Abba Father that I lose sight of whatever He's given me. I used to think that daily devotions is good enough. You know, daily QTs. But I've come to realise that no, it's more than just reading the bible passage and the commentaries on it... it's about spending time sitting at the feet of Jesus and having a heart-to-heart time with God.

“You cannot be captured by the vision of God until you’re captured by the heart of God." -Ken Fong

Am I really not capturing His heart and His vision or maybe I'm just reluctant to let Him show me His heart and His vision because I'm not ready for it?

I just wanna get a fresh blank sheet and start anew. Put everything aside and say "I am happy. i AM happy. i am HAPPY. " in the shower (strategy by Ps. Mike - gotta do that 10 times). The conclusion I got from Brian Sze's document says:

"God’s pursuit of praise from us and our pursuit of pleasure in him are one and the same pursuit. God’s quest to be glorified and our quest to be satisfied reach their goal in this one experience: our delight in God, which overflows in praise. For God, praise is the sweet echo of his own excellence in the hearts of his people. For us, praise is the summit of satisfaction that comes from living in fellowship with God."

yea, let's pick up the garment of praise and make a joyful noise unto the Lord.



No comments: