Isaiah 41:13 (NKJV)

For I, the LORD your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, "Fear not, I will help you."

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Meticulousness

Ohayo! How you choose to start your day pretty much determines how the rest of your day runs... Do you choose to praise Him and give Him thanks despite "waking up on the wrong side of the bed"? Do you remind yourself of the wonders and beauty of God even when it's just "any other day" of classes and assignments?

Ezra is such a meticulous guy. Every single detail! I thought I was bad enough but I think Ezra has an even more serious case of meticulousness.

Personally, i think meticulousness is a burden. The many times I've stressed over little details that ppl don't even think about. I can't decide if it's an in-born thing or if I picked it up from years of training in TK. In fact, i'm not even sure if it's a good thing...

I've come to realise that meticulousness comes selectively. At least mine does. I can't imagine being meticulous about EVERYTHING. Man! That's surely gonna drive me nuts! I remember the days when I was enthusiastic about work and I would meticulously clean up everything... but towards the end of my work period, when it's time to move on, I find that the meticulousless has gone... especially when my heart has left the job even before my flesh leaves...

Let me just quote from Howard Peskett, author of today's devotion (Encounter with God) titled "Meticulousness" (Ezra 8:15-36):

"The end of the ppl's journey, as of ours, is the house of God, a place of beauty and worship. I finish today's reading and reflection by thinking, 'Have the tasks I have just concluded or am about to conclude been done thoroughly? Are they fit to offer in worship to the God of fine detail?'

Look at a flower - a streptocarpus or a cyclamen perhaps - the colour, the shape, the texture, the miracle of its unfolding, and give thanks!"


My little conclusion is that, when it comes to wanting to do something for God, we need to remember that He deserves our very best efforts. Would you present some sort of shoddy work done half-heartedly to the King of all kings?

and...

I've decided some weeks ago, that there is no "wrong side of the bed" to wake up to.

No comments: