Isaiah 41:13 (NKJV)

For I, the LORD your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, "Fear not, I will help you."

Monday, May 08, 2006

The Student's Psalm

Saw this on Prof. Paul Trebilco's door on my way to Dr. Tim's office...
Rather amused~ ;p maybe it's been around for ages. Yea, I can be
pretty outdated. Most of the time. hehehehe...

The Student's Psalm
(annonymous)

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not flunk;
He keepeth me from lying down when I should be studying.
He leadeth me beside the water cooler for a study break;
He restoreth my faith in study guides.
He leads me to better study habits
For my grade's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of borderline grades,
I will not have a nervous breakdown;
For thou art with me.
My prayers and my friends, they comfort me.
Thou givest me answers in moments of blankness;
Thou anointest my head with understanding.
My test paper runneth over with questions I recognize.
Surely passing grades and flying colors shall follow me
All the days of my examinations,
And I shall not have to dwell in this university forever,
Amen!

and of course, I just have to share Psalm 23...

Psalm 23
A psalm of David.

The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
he restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness
for his name's sake.
Even though I walk
through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
Surely goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD
forever.

All praise and thanksgiving to the Lord!

2 comments:

teguh said...

student version of Psalm 23 eh... is that for real?..

~lil cactus~ said...

yah, that is for real! the chaplain gives copies of it every year. Haha... Who says prayer have to be all lengthy and boring ...