Isaiah 41:13 (NKJV)

For I, the LORD your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, "Fear not, I will help you."

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

mid-week

it's been quite an encouraging day really... although there's still no mail for me in the post box... hehehe... expecting something to arrive frm beijing. been checking the mail everyday since couple of weeks ago. i think it's better if i din know tt uncle is sending something over. the knowledge gives rise to expectation. When u dunno, then it'll be a surprise. But then again, i guess when u get somewhat slightly disappointed everyday for 2 weeks, then u kinda lose hope and when it does arrive, it becomes a surprise again! hehehe... sorry, din mean to sound so ungrateful. I should be thankful that there's something for me! whenever it arrives... ;p

other than getting up late for class (yea, like 9:59am when class' at 10am. mind you, this doesn't happen regularly, in fact, it's the first time it ever happened!), the rest of the day's been pretty sweet. i still made it for my class. don't ask me how. submitted an assignment so tt's one down, 3 more to go. collected an assignment and... God's soooo gracious! yea~ it was definitely a good grade that I don't deserve.

before i go on, let me justify myself for getting up late this morning. I was working on my assignment til 3am. it was really frustrating as i got stuck on this ONE question which i spent 2 hrs on, and in the end, i decided to leave it to God eh. Not that I haven't tried. Real stoked when I finally finished it. It's not a last minute thing either. This assignment's due tomorrow but the stubborn part of me refused to let go and I'm quite amazed at how God kept me going though I was pretty tired already and most parts of my body's screaming for the bed... Printed out a recipe for "seri muka" and attached it to my assignment. You must be thinking what weird requirements NZ Unis have. Well, it's only for this paper. Jae (lecturer) asked for recipes and nobody gave him any for the last one. I hope he'll like seri muka. Wanted to give him something Malaysian. Might be a challenge to get the ingredients here in Dunedin though...

Prayer meeting... i realised that our weekly prayer meetings are getting longer. We used to end real early and ppl have plenty of time to stay and chat before heading for their class at 2pm. For the past weeks, ppl have had to leave half way through prayer to go for their next class. There are so many things to pray for! It's like I can go on n on n on but i feel bad la... Which shouldn't be the case actually. The sharing part is really good. While sharing prayer requests, we open up to others and really let people into a part of our life that we don't normally talk about in casual conversation. It's during prayer times like these that we really get to catch up with others on their life, beyond the "how r u? how's assignment? etc..." I find that when I share with others my prayer concerns, it's not just about the assuring prayers that people lift up to God but even before that, it's coming before God and admitting that I need help in these areas of my life. I really thank God for such a lovely n encouraging prayer group that has faithfully come to gather in His name every week.

Oh oh~ God sent an angel to cook dinner for me again! that's 2 wednesdays in a row~ Ain't God good? ;p I'm quite touched at how my flatmate's always been asking if I would like to join her for dinner. Being the paiseh me, of course I'll say "it's ok" and proceed with my bread and cereals. This time, long before dinner, she knocked on my door and asked me if I'll be home tonight. Instead of asking me if I would like to have dinner with her, she just told me she's cooking for me tonight. How sweet is that! It's a real yum dinner and I'm grateful that my God take cares of things like these as well, things which may seem so unimportant that I usually can't be bothered with... Guess what? I'm cooking for her tomorrow... ;p Anyone wants dinner tmr? Find your way to my flat. But do gif me 1 hr's notice so that I can expand the menu :)

May the remaining hours of my day be fruitful and may the remaining days of your week be God-filled... Remember that He's watching over you and that He's just a prayer away...

No comments: