Isaiah 41:13 (NKJV)

For I, the LORD your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, "Fear not, I will help you."

Thursday, May 25, 2006

culinary conundrums

Q. Help! I can't find any whipping cream on the supermarket shelves...

A. In countries where there are more cows than the human population, they're called "fresh cream".

Q. I am happily and steadily working through the recipe, until I found out there's no grater at home! I knew I saw it before, somewhere, (yea, it's such a common household item u see it all the time. My flat doesn't have one!), but i can't put my project on hold until i get a grater the next day. What do I do?

A. No grater? Use a peeler and blend the peels. C'mon. it's back to the basics.

Q. I took the recipe off the internet and while working through it, it struck that the recipe is in a tropical context. Room temperature where I'm currently situated is like fridge temperature where the recipe came from. How?

A. Don't worry, cream cheese is still cream cheese where u are and where the recipe came from. Just be careful and learn to develop a spirit of discernment as to when your electric mixer will start smoking. Either that, or get a diamond studded electric mixer.

Q. I need rum. REAL rum. But i haven't got any approved ID to buy rum. What do you suggest?

A. Get some rum flavoured essence. Let Jesus turn that into rum.


Unravel the mysteries of baking with your amateur baker. It's bound to be exciting.

No comments: