Isaiah 41:13 (NKJV)

For I, the LORD your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, "Fear not, I will help you."

Sunday, May 28, 2006

"konnichiwa!"

I was quite amused by the friendly "konnichiwa"s by the ushers and the strings of Japanese phrases that come after.

"Sumimasen, wakarimasen..."

I could only offer them an apologetic look and explain in English that my Jap is quite lousy.

It was quite a relief to see Daisuke there as well. wat a surprise actually! I brought him to the Japanese church in my first year but that was only once. He told me he's been going regularly since end of last year. He finds it quite interesting. May the Lord open his eyes and may the Holy Spirit touch his heart...

Worship was in Jap + Eng. I was secretly pleased that I could sing along to some of the hiragana lyrics. Couldn't read some of the Kanjis though.

I managed to find the book of John in the Jap bible. Could follow the reading a bit. Always got lost cos they read soooo fast! I'm always a sentence behind or something and my eyes would have to quickly skim through and fast forward. I suspect they read the shorter way (casual form is slightly shorter).

Had to rely on the English translation on the OHP. Could only catch some nouns frm the pastor but couldn't understand anything. it's tooo fast! At the end of it, i was made to introduce myself to everyone in Japanese. Not too bad i guess ;p

It was all in all a nice cozy little community. May God continue to bless them and use them to reach the Japanese community in Dunedin...

Rushed off cos wanted to go for Oxygen. Was almost reaching Elim when i got a txt saying tt the Phatties are studying in Clubs n Socs. I detoured and thought i'll just pop in to say hi and quickly leave since i din have any books with me. As I stepped in, Waning said "wow! I was just thinking about you and u came in!"

I reckon God brought me there eh... Waning needed a conversation partner to practise with and it was good for her to make me do it. I haven't actually started practising anything yet and I've got 2 conversations to prepare for. It's this THURS! somehow i've kinda chuck this aside with everything else going on. argh. God helped me realise how i really really need to get on with my oral practice...

Pray for me!

1 comment:

mart said...

hey..

wow. japanese huh? so multilingual!

anyway, just thought i'd drop by and comment.. :) we fellow bloggers ought to stick together, eh? lol

u hav a gd day now
martin.