Isaiah 41:13 (NKJV)

For I, the LORD your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, "Fear not, I will help you."

Friday, May 19, 2006

OCF goes to the movies

92 was the final number. spread out in 3 cinemas. it was kinda tricky when the girl at the ticket counter made a mistake and she had to refund 50+ tickets before she could issue again. but really thank God that everything worked well...

how was it?

hmmmm. let's start frm the tea party ~

evison lounge has always seemed big. in fact, a venue change had been considered a few times cos a smaller room might be cosier. tonight, it was full~ heaps of ppl that i dunno and it was quite scary really. even when it's making a real normal public announcement. ugh. i think i surprised quite a few ppl that never heard me spoke in a crowd before. i only do it when i have to. like tonight. i had to ;p

tried to connect ppl with ppl. hope everyone met someone new tonight. hope ocf was comfy to them and they'll come again. was quite pleased with the generous comments ppl gave for my bakings. but frankly speaking, i dun really know how to respond to compliments. it's either overrated or it's not really me. u know, God made tt happen... i'm sure God made my bakings safe too~ thanks to all the kind ppl that helped out and brought stuff as well~

movie. so-so la. i took the first row. felt bad if anyone else had to take the front row. sorry to the other 4 that had to suffer as well. my neck is so sore~ and i can't really focus cos the screen is so near. maybe i was zoning out as well la. had to adjust my neck a few times. u can practically hear the crack. hehehe... at the end of the movie, made an attempt to communicate with the jap girl sitting next to me. we managed to understand each other quite a bit. just quite a bit. need to brush up on my jap. if only foreign lang teaching would take the EL approach. i reckon we need more communicative stuff... it's acquisition over learning.

some ppl headed off to the book sale after movie. it's 24 hours. real cheap books. like 50 cents u can get a book or a mag. i stood there, stoned. not in the mood for dusty old books, nor anything else. yet i was reluctant to go home, cos the night was quite cold. in the end, i decided to head home, since i gotta make my way home somehow. sooner or later.

tired la. glad that all this is over. glad to be home, in my own room, by myself. yea, i've had enough mingling in crowds today... time to retreat into the tranquility of my own shell...

No comments: