Isaiah 41:13 (NKJV)

For I, the LORD your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, "Fear not, I will help you."

Thursday, May 25, 2006

kitchen hazard...

much as i love to bake... mishaps always happen when i'm being serious in the kitchen.

like how i almost choked my flatmates to death in first year when i burnt something... left something cooking and went for my shower... i guess multi-tasking dun work all the time. or maybe it's just me.

i have 3 big projects today. all have to be done today, because i'm busy tomorrow and i think i'll be lazy on sat. well, thurs is kinda like my baking day. maybe cos ocf's on fri but it's also like my introduction to the weekend...

my projects are "big" this time cos they're new recipes. new, not because no one has tried them before, or that it's a new invention, just that they've never been tried out by... me.

project #1 went along fine. except for the quarter bottle of vanilla essence i spilt. it's quite a nice smell actually, although i can't imagine smearing vanilla scented body butter on myself. i mean, u wanna go around smelling like a cake?

project #2. it was all good until i heard my electric mixer made weird noises. something went wrong inside the mixer, but since it's not visible to my senses (including the common one), i just went on. the rpm slowed down quite a bit... until... it started smoking! ok. it was so slow i'm better off using a whisk anyway.

project #3. tak jadi. y? cos no electric mixer. argh.

i bought a new baking tray today. i thought it's a bit too shallow but i decided to give it a try anyway. my brownie (project #2) didn't turn out like it should. I'm quite sure it's burnt. the texture's too dry and it just doesn't look good. But somehow the inside's still quite soft. hmmmm. ah well, hsiao wei likes it so... it can't be that bad after all.

hmmmmm. i need an electric mixer...

ah ben~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments: