Isaiah 41:13 (NKJV)

For I, the LORD your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, "Fear not, I will help you."

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Life in abundance is found in God and God alone...

i haven't been studying. can't seem to sit still and focus. there's a lesson test on thurs and i have no idea what grammar structures Sensei has talked about. Should get Moyra to give him a piece of her mind for teaching grammar like that. Ain't we supposed to acquire them? But that is totally besides the point. I feel like i'm drifting. this is no good. this is not me.

i kept reminding myself i don't have much time left. it's 10 May. i have 4 big assignments, countless quizzes and tests, 1 final paper. all in less than 4 weeks. still, no sense of urgency.

perhaps God is trying to say something. Until i get it, i remain unproductive, inefficient. ugh.

enough is enough. how long can i remain ignorant? how long can i afford to be ignorant? isn't the recurring msg loud enough? or do i need a hammar to fall from heaven to knock me on my head?

went through the "assurance of answered prayer" (John 16:24) today. Knowing that through Jesus, we have the confidence to approach His throne of grace is reassuring. His promises are awesome! BUT. let's not forget the part about asking in His will, remaining in Him and His words in me, and... He hears not when we harbour sin in our heart.

i heard myself saying "many times we don't hear God and we think He's not answering our prayers cos we don't hear what we want to hear..." what I meant to share with another (and certainly wasn't saying that to myself at tt point of time) came back to slap me in the face hours later.

In the evening, I was challenged about my heart not being in the right state, not having the right mindset. I tell God I want to follow Him yet I'm not wanting to surrender everything to Him. Excuses after excuses followed my "yes God, but..."s and I wonder why I'm not hearing from Him eh?

During Vision, Johnny talked about Abraham being tested with surrendering Isaac (Gen 22). It's about OBEDIENCE. It's about yielding to God, giving in to Him. There's gonna be a cost. God doesn't want just 95% of you. He wants 100% of you. It may be a blessing He's bestowed upon you, it may be a promise He's given you. Isn't Isaac the promise of the many nations God has given to Abraham?

"Christians are commanded to lose their lives. This means they ought to deliberately release their lives to God and His Kingdom. One of the greatest hindrances to your being on mission with God will be your view of what constitutes your " legitimate rights" -that is, those things that you feel you have a right to experience and enjoy. It's not difficult to turn over to Christ those things that are not a sacrifice or that you would prefer to do without anyway. Rather, it is the things that are good and that are dear to you that may stand between you and God's will."

(
Canaanland devotions: Losing Your Life).

Giving up to God is always the best. His ways are not our ways and His thoughts are higher than our thoughts. We need to trust Him with all our hearts and lean not on our own understanding. Obedience is not the best policy. It's the ONLY policy. He has blessed you with so much. Are you ready to give Him back what He's given you? Are you holding on tightly to the blessings and not the Blesser? Let go. Let go of the fake pearls so that He can give you the real ones...

It's always good to come clean before Him. Let go, and let God.

"OK, enough. Enough merajuking, enough drifting... Settle this in your heart, hold on to Me, trust Me, let go and let ME. It's time to get back down to work..."

yea. time to get back to work. lesson test tmr. 4 big assignments, countless quizzes and tests, 1 final paper. all in less than 4 weeks.

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD.
"As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts. "
-Isaiah 55:8-9


Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make your paths straight.
-Proverbs 3:5-6


For whoever desires to save his life will lose it,
but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it.
-Matthew 16:25


1 comment:

~lil cactus~ said...

I find laying things down the hardest. Even after I decided to lay it down, I have this secret wish that GOD will give me back instantly. Living a life for HIM means to carry our cross and deny ourselves everyday. Bring daily the alabaster jar that contains fragrance of life to the altar and break it in HIS name. After all, HIS plans are better than our plans. We have nothing to lose ...