Isaiah 41:13 (NKJV)

For I, the LORD your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, "Fear not, I will help you."

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

that fat sheep...

this is one funny image i can't seem to forget...

after a tiring weekend, i found myself in Apo for the evening service. Physically tired~ not very in tuned either. was pretty much zonked out, though i've been praying that God will meet my spirit despite the reluctant flesh.

worship...

"Love that's stronger
Love that covers sin
and takes the weight of the world"

at that, the image of a fat sheep on Jesus' shoulder appeared. He's that ever faithful shepherd, holding that sheep on His shoulder. That sheep... yea, it was a pretty funny image of a fat sheep squirming, and finding it hard to balance on Jesus' shoulder... yet, His strong arm, just one strong arm, held that sheep firmly in place...

"Stubborn sheep perhaps?" someone suggested.

Yea, probably.

CQ. that stubborn fat sheep. on Jesus' shoulder.

"Take all of me" - Hillsong

2 comments:

Gary Wood said...

I've just been reading about the Good Shepherd. I like the idea that in Jesus day shepherds did not drive the sheep before them but the shepherd was out in front and the sheep follow him. Where ever he leads I'll go.

*cq* said...

"My sheep listen to my voice, I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand"
-John 10:27-29