Isaiah 41:13 (NKJV)

For I, the LORD your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, "Fear not, I will help you."

Friday, May 05, 2006

Christchurch (part 2)

(read the previous blog first la...)

After the rally, we headed off hunting for food. 4 famished ppl wandering the streets of an unfamiliar city. The beauty of Chch lies in that, you can get food almost anytime. Well, to be fair, there's quite a lot of restaurants n shops closed since it was already nearing 11pm. Fast food joints were still opened, being a Sat night, but what really thrilled me was... we found an Asian restaurant - "Lao Di Fang" not too far away from where we were and I had the loveliest "Wah-Dan-Hor" in NZ! Maybe tt's because it's the ONLY wah-dan-hor i've ever had in NZ... for a reasonably good price too! Makes me wonder why I'm in Dunedin... OK. So, God knows very well that I love food and I don't exercise too much so for my own sake He has placed me in Dunedin...

30 April. Sun. got up earlier than usual, did some QT and headed off to the cathedral right across our backpacker. I sat on the pews listening to the choir practise for the service later. I really like the cathedral eh. It was so beautiful inside and the choir sang like angels...

that's little me there standing in front of the cathedral. Told B i wanna get married in this cathedral. and i din even know the name of the cathedral... anyways...

After checking out, I got everyone to head to Starbucks. Needed my fix ;p In my blurriness, I actually missed who was in there as well! Until Scotty pointed out that there was a guy in there that looked real familiar... SCC!!!! wow! That was way better than any fix I could have. Momentarily. (ya, my excitement dies off quite fast). Thanks to Scotty, who went up to SCC and said "hi Steve, these 2 girls are real big fans of yours..." we got to snap some pictures with him. His photographer took some pics as well and ya, I invited SCC to Malaysia... He actually went to Spore before coming to NZ and he didn't stop by Malaysia. Can u believe that?

nice guy ;p was kinda elevated but din really go goo-goo-ga-ga for too long. getting old la.

free advertising for starbucks. my latest favourite: cafe misto with trim milk. currently brewing at home: french roast. too smokey for me though... i miss rift valley blend.

Chch was a good escape from Dunners. Too short though. I haven't said hi to my giraffes in Orana wildlife park and there's my hot air balloon ride (any sponsors?), Hamner springs etc etc etc. No bungy though. Not for the weak hearted.

I rmb arriving in Dunedin with "oh, i'm back to reality" kinda emotions. yea, back to assignments, back to tests, back to life. It's not that bad really. Actually, it's not bad at all. Look how God has carried me through; He will continue to sustain me for He's my strength and my portion forever.

No comments: