Isaiah 41:13 (NKJV)

For I, the LORD your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, "Fear not, I will help you."

Sunday, May 14, 2006

'Search your heart and be silent'

"When moved to despair for the world around us, however, we can take courage that the way in which we found deliverance is also open to unbelievers. The sacrifice of a broken spirit - and humble trust in the offer of new life held out by the Lord - is all it takes. Jesus' light is the answer for our friends, family and colleagues, whose deep if unarticulated cry may well be, 'Who can show us any good?' (v.6)"

-Ben White, Encounter with God, "The Tension" (Psalm 4)

Are we actively sharing the deliverance we found in Jesus with the broken generation around us? How do we do that with people that are not open to Him?

Lord, may we be Your light amidst the darkness and may our lives give out Your fragrance, the sweet aroma of life in Christ...

Psalm 4

Answer me when I call to you,
O my righteous God.
Give me relief from my distress;
be merciful to me and hear my prayer.

How long, O men, will you turn my glory into shame?
How long will you love delusions and seek false gods?
Know that the LORD has set apart the godly for himself;
the LORD will hear when I call to him.

In your anger do not sin;
when you are on your beds,
search your hearts and be silent.
Offer right sacrifices
and trust in the LORD .

Many are asking, "Who can show us any good?"
Let the light of your face shine upon us, O LORD .
You have filled my heart with greater joy
than when their grain and new wine abound.
I will lie down and sleep in peace,
for you alone, O LORD ,
make me dwell in safety.

No comments: