Isaiah 41:13 (NKJV)

For I, the LORD your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, "Fear not, I will help you."

Monday, May 01, 2006

"What do you do when you're sad?"

"i listen to Christian music... i read the Bible and remember the promises of God..."

What i really wanted to say, had this been asked by a close friend, is...

I lock up my door, blast the music (Christian music), go down on my knees and sob my heart out.

I like the phrase Melanie used: "gorged my eyes out..." (is that how you spell it?). I do that pretty often too...

Recently, I've been challenged by the way I respond to a desperate generation that so needs Him, yet they know not how to find Him. How can we sit and soak in the sweetness of His awesome presence, and not share it with those that yearns for it? The God-shaped vacuum is crying out to be filled...

It's not about having a religion, really. It's about being reconnected to your Creator, restoring that relationship between God and His precious child, that was meant to be in the first place. It's not about me earning heaven points, or being loved more by God. He loves me to the fullest already. Even before I've done anything. And may this everlasting love continue to sustain me and compel me to share Christ with those around me.

I must confess I argue with God quite often.

"Why me?"

"I don't know how to share..."

But I know deep down inside me, I can't NOT do anything about it. Sure, God loves me anyway, I don't have to do it if I don't want to, but I've come to see how this journey is a road of no returns: there's only one way, and that way is to MOVE FORWARD with HIM.

The assurance lies in I'm just carrying out what He wants me to do. Being obedient. Doesn't matter what the person say, how he/she respond. I can't make them believe, I can't make them come back. All i can do, is to offer friendship, encouragement and reminding them time and time again, that God really loves them. No matter how far they are away from Him, no matter how they think Christianity is not for them, God is nevertheless, stretching out His hands to them, patiently, tirelessly...

No comments: