Isaiah 41:13 (NKJV)

For I, the LORD your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, "Fear not, I will help you."

Monday, June 05, 2006

May I find rest in the Lord

"Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy-laden and overburdened,
and I will cause you to rest. [I will ease and relieve and refresh your souls.]"
-Matthew 11:28 (Amplified Bible)

Sometimes when u're nearing the end point, you think u could hang on and press on and give it all. Then you don't care if you die after the finish line. well, not literally la.

I once ran for my class in the 400m race. There was no one else cos the runners in class were already running in other events. I didn't expect to make it to the finals but apparently, all the good runners in other classes were already in other events as well. However, I was no match for the other competitors. I forgot all about pacing myself and just sprinted, though my sprint was more like a normal run next to the faster runners. Towards the last stretch, I so wanted to make that dash (which usually lead to all sorts of cramps which ain't pleasant) but I couldn't. I was already exhausted by then and though I continued the journey, I just couldn't go any faster.

I am no runner. But that was a good experience. I have pressed on and now it's just the last stretch left. I thought I could continue to be superwoman and just do the supernatural. But God said "no". "You're not going anywhere until you've rested and then I'll let you finish that last stretch. and you won't die. but you won't go anywhere either, until you've learnt to wait upon Me..."

"My dear child, My yoke is easy and my burden is light... Let me give you rest...."

Tearfully, I was made to rest. To put everything aside, and really rest. Thank God He knows every fibre of my body. Though I recognise not I need to stop, He knows my limits...

I just can't thank my Creator enough...

5 comments:

12uth said...

wow. you have lots of posts in such a short time frame! :D
And it seems like you're going through a roller coaster ride there too. Hope everything's going better now. Praying that you will ace your exams. And if you have time, maybe we'll be able to catch up after that eh? :)
*huggies*

Anonymous said...

hey. what's up with the pengsan thingy?

ha.

munyuk

*cq* said...

12uth: gotta splash it all down b4 i lose any of it eh. i reckon every journey with God is a roller coaster, esp when u haf some 1 as stubborn n undisciplined as me! ;p
would love to catch up wf u~

my: hehehe. ur current hermit status~

Angela said...

Wow & true, Siqin! =)
Keep on writing - it's encouraging!

*cq* said...

hey angela!

so surprised to see ur comment here... :) i must admit i'm not too good with the keeping in touch business *paiseh* blogging is a real effective way of letting ppl keep track of wat's going on eh... so... bloggers united! hehehe ;p