Isaiah 41:13 (NKJV)

For I, the LORD your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, "Fear not, I will help you."

Saturday, June 10, 2006

h.o.m.e

...is where the heart is.

Yes. I'm back. From 2 degrees celsius on a freezing dunedin morning, I flew into a fiery furnace...

I must admit the excitement and anticipation wasn't as strong as before. actually, there wasn't even a twinge of anything. Perhaps after a few times it just tones down quite a bit. Or, I might be getting old. NOT.

Thank God that my exam's over. Thank God I got my boarding passes smoothly. No sweat. Could check in early somemore. Plus, i went over the 20kg limit. What's new? Thank God for sleep onboard. I stayed up the whole night before packing and I was totally knocked off frm dunedin to auckland. The people sitting next to me must be shuddering at the thought of what exams do to students. Hehe. But really, it's what comes after the exams. I went for a production with C. "I love you, you're perfect, now change". It was hilarious and I had an absolutely enjoyable night. I haven't laughed that much in a while. Looks like I'm doing good nurturing the cultural side of me. We all need to be balanced eh? Just last Thurs I went to Julian Lloyd Webber's (younger bro of the Andrew Lloyd Webber) performance at the town hall. The 2nd piece was good and the 3rd piece was surprisingly engaging as well. I prefer musicals though. For a while I was brought back to my crazy theatre chase in London. Really miss it man.

I watched 4 inflight movies. Broke my own record for that. Me who don't watch movies all that much. "Perhaps Love" was too much like Moulin Rouge but I din mind the HUGE similarity all that much since I liked Moulin Rouge. Besides, I get to drool over Takeshi Kaneshiro. "Helen the baby fox" was a truly heart-warming Japanese film. Wish I can have my own pet baby fox. "The Pink Panther" really tickled me and I hope people around me won't remember me as I burst out in bouts of laughter as I watched .

The last one I watched, which i sadly didn't get to finish cos we were landing, was "The Professor and his beloved equation" . There were some profound truths in this Japanese film, mentioned so simply it makes you go "ooooo..." and then "wow...." This film talks about a math professor and he made math sound so beautiful. "The eternal truth is invisible, you must see it with your heart." and "The invisible world supports the visible world..." It struck me how the perfection in numbers just reflects the nature of our most High Wonderful God. Though I'm not big on math, I saw the beautiful side of math for once, where God's character is being revealed. (does anyone know where I can get this film? I really want to finish it eh... )

OK. I touched down. Got home and surprised a few people. Realised that I came back on a World Cup opening night. ouch. it's cruel to have to compete with World Cup. But thank God my temptations kaki was kind enough to show me some sympathy ;p went to my all time favourite ktz - this IS really becoming a tradition. i need to learn how to make my own black sesame tong yuen.

I went to bed ard 2am. That's like 6am NZ time. I thought it's a good day to sleep in, cos mum's real busy these days and she's heading back to the office both today (SAT) and tmr (SUN) for the whole day and then it's Mon again and she's working as per norm. She felt really bad about this but I reassured her I'll be fine eh... I can entertain myself at home. Hehe. To my horror, I got up and couldn't sleep again and it's only 7am!!! Might start having my second sleep habit again.

Headed off to the famous air panas wet market. People were pushing their way past one another, sellers screaming at the top of their lungs, the smell of food, the sight of fruits, veggies... man, i miss this bit! It's a challenge to get your way around. I was just so mesmerised by the variety of fruits, cheaply available (ok, maybe not that cheap, but they cost at least twice more in NZ). I am so gonna have a fruit diet today. Had the sweetest mangoes for breakfast. yum~ morning tea was papaya milk. I reckon I need to get HL milk. Dutch lady doesn't deliver the same magic. Lunch... mom made barley with foo chuk and ginkgo. Man, I'm in heaven! ;p

Home is where the heart is. There wasn't any excitement, no anticipation, no nothing. but yes, I'm truly home.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey cq.glad to know ur home. as for me,havent even sat for my 1st paper.kinda stressed up coz most ppl have completed have the battle n mine havent even started.sigh...do keep me in prayers..how i wish im back home too now..family having church camp.feel left out coz there they are enjoying n im over here stuck with exams...pls pls pls keep me in prayers..its my final finals...

elizabeth

*cq* said...

hey dearie... hang in there k. God will carry u through. Know that He sent u there to do what u're doing now so press on in faith knowing that all your efforts for studying are gonna be honoured by Him. It' gonna be over soon. Real soon. and then I'll c ya in Akl k? Or u come over to Dun la~ ;p God bless u dear sister and rest assured I'll be praying for u! :)

12uth said...

I wish..i wish...nevermind ;P

I was kinda surprised when I got your text saying that you were going home. Actually, very surprised, cos I didn't really expect it. heh. Anyhoo, I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself over there eh? :) Away from the cold and what not.

When are you coming back? Give me a text and we'll meet up for lunch or something.:)

~lil cactus~ said...

hey girl, glad that you are home. This weekend was a bit blurry for me but all good. Got to talk to alex about our plans, and he's happy with that. Will email true love instead of talking. Cut that admin bit short, GOD is awesome and faithful! We all miss you, and don't get too attached to home and 'friend'. We need you back, ok? hehe... Waiting for surprises in my mailbox.

*cq* said...

12uth: i'll be back 9th july. up in akl for tscf conference frm 4-9th... we'll catch up when sem starts? oh wait... when does your sem start? ;p

beets: haha. lousy true love. so hard to track him down. and he's supposed to be the free-est sans exams! hmmmm, wat kinda surprises are u expecting dearie?