Isaiah 41:13 (NKJV)

For I, the LORD your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, "Fear not, I will help you."

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

giraffe vs cow? giraffe-cow?

for those of you that know me, u know of my errrr... liking (no, it's not obsession) for giraffes. they are really beautiful creatures indeed and i marvel at the creativity of the Almighty which i think is sadly lacking in me (didn't He make me in His image?).




ok, i admit i haven't seen a real one up close n personal before. ml had the privilege to do tt when she was in kenya. sim too~ he actually fed one and wrote as caption to tt photo "feeding cq". *envious* it's ok, i know my day will come. God is gracious.

i'm born in the year of Cow in the chinese calendar. too bad they haven't got any giraffes in the chinese calender. who knows in tt split moment i was brought into this world it was actually a fast, flashing "moment of the giraffe"? hehehe.

dad used to call me all sorts of endearment with some cow relations in them. until i was old enough to get real embarrassed when he did tt in front of my friends and mom told him to stop. it took a while but eventually every traces of cow in my names went away.

it just struck that ppl were always complaining that my giraffes look like cows. some even mistook them for cows! i mean, which cow has yellow skin n brown patches all over? but then again, which giraffe has short necks and cow-looking faces?

wat a giraffe-cow/cow-giraffe tension.

won't you love the giraffe too as you love the cow?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahahaha.....the first one really looks like a cow eh.....or a hippo? hahaha...exam today!!fianlly!!=D

*cq* said...

whoa, u're the first person i know tt's looking forward to ur exam! ;p