Isaiah 41:13 (NKJV)

For I, the LORD your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, "Fear not, I will help you."

Thursday, June 15, 2006

the light at the end of the tunnel

that's how i felt today. maybe tt's not a very accurate description of my situation but it's sorta like a "good, refreshing change".

yea. God brought me out of my slum. i thought slumming's good for everyone. once in a while. a yearly pilgrimage thing. but now i know it's definitely not me. no way. ugh. it got me so down i literally cried out to God time and time again. it felt more like confinement. to be honest, it messed me up. sigh.

God heard my cries. He arranged for me to tag along to a food review at Naili's which started with a pre-review dim sum. wow. it made me realised how much i need people. *self-discovery* but hey! I'm still an introvert k.

today's been really awesome. it started with coffee (finally!) and meaningful conversation. it made me feel like i have a sense of purpose again. sounds serious eh? headed off to gym. God bless GT for getting me VIP guest status until i leave (GT: u're the man!) hehehe. lunch with mum. where? GENKI! (i shall be forgiving abt the tummy discomfort and subsequent visitSSS to the toilet, which isn't really settled now, minor problem. i blame kiwi food for being too clean).

after lunch, i was in sbux, in my comfy couch, with a cuppa. peaberry blend. it's quite smooth. that lasted me for 4 hours. with a good book, a bestseller, a devotion, a spiral bound notebook and 3 different coloured pens. God is awesome!

went along to mum's office. everyone was in a frenzy. it was almost chaotic. well, maybe it's not that bad but it certainly felt tt way in the otherwise calm and serene office. i sat down and did some typing work for them. wow. tt felt good eh. my sense of self-worth is coming back. hehehehe.

got this in my email couple of days back:

"woman, u remind me of those patients that like to wander around the hospital or try to escape all the time even though they were specifically ordered bed rest by the doctor. tsk tsk. "

how true. why can't i sit still?

(continue this another time. kena halau to bed. tummy is getting worse. pls pray.)

conclusion: God is awesome!

7 comments:

12uth said...

aikes. :S Hope your tummy's feeling better. Will be praying. :)

Bibs said...

Hey girl!! I wasn't expecting you to be writing while u were in KL..but u sure surprised me!! hahaha..can't get away from the blogging world i see?? :P Hope u're having an awesome time in KL...i'm off to chch tmrw and to melb on monday!! yay!! i sooooo need a holiday too!! :)

Jane said...

heya.... i finally came into ur blog huh? hahaha..
btw, happy belated-by-15-days birthday, i didnt know until i read jason's blog... soweee..
anyway, i m looking fwd to hang out with u after my exams. u better make one day free for me! =p *booked*
ahaha..sounds off, but yeah..*smilez*

*cq* said...

12uth: thanks girl! it's ok d when i got up in the morning. His mercies are new every morning! ;p

bibs: enjoy urself girl! u have my address right? ;p hehehehe... i want postcards!

jane: it's definitely good to catch up! hehehe... u haf my number eh? call/txt me la... ;p all the best for the last paper. u bet i'll be praying!

Anonymous said...

halo,haha...i didnt know you changed ur blog le...u didnt tell me but told ur da ge hor? hehehe....its ok lar. sounds like you're having heaps of fun in KL le, sooo good...i really wanna have some heat around too!!dunedin is freezing everyday! what's worse is i still have exam! sigh...pray for me la...take care k? miss you...^^

*cq* said...

da sau! hehehehe... i thought da ge will make public announcement ma. but sim's blog still has my old blog too. hehehe... all the best for ur last paper la. pray and God will hear your call to Him! ;p miss u guys heaps too!

mart said...

re yr comment: aww. thanx cq:) gonna hav to spend the hols digesting that one.