Isaiah 41:13 (NKJV)

For I, the LORD your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, "Fear not, I will help you."

Monday, June 12, 2006

live the moment. live the day.

12 June. Mon.

i thought i had heaps to post but lousy connection had limited my access. after many attempts, i kinda lost my train of thoughts when i'm finally connected again. who knows if this post will make it eh since it's very likely by the time this post is freshly baked, the oven door just won't open (connection out). hmmmmm.

this means u guys might not get a daily dose of me. I'm still writing, just in a different place. Perhaps God wants me to log in more in my journal rather than my blog. My journal has its moments of intimacy and honesty that no one else will ever see, which I only dare to be so with my Abba in Heaven, Who knows me inside out anyway...

it was a rather quiet weekend with mum working. church ppl were quite surprised to see me. i had pretty mixed feelings. "glory glory glory to the lamb, for He is glorious and worthy to be praised, the Lamb upon the throne..." this tune's been in my head for quite a bit when I was in nz. Many times I had to suppress the urge to just break out at the top of my voice while walking along the quiet chilly dunedin streets, singing this song to give Him glory and praise... yesterday, i could finally lift my voice to Him. i can't help but smile as I was brought back to how it was like in the beginning. maybe not right at the beginning but somewhere in the initial journey. I was reminded to be faithful, to persist and persevere with dogged determination to not just drag my feet through the mundane but to really choose to live the moment, live the day. It's like the passionate relationship vs. the quiet, calm, dangerously misinterpreted as mundane, yet faithful relationship. We all need a mix of these don't we?

REMEMBER.REPENT.RETURN. that's the gist of yest's sermon.

REMEMBER. i wondered how some people forget. until i realised i don't do a goob job remembering either. in fact, i forget quite fast. we need reminders every now and then, to keep us going, before we forget so much so that we can't even recall the tiniest bit of wat it was like to be in the arms of the loving Lord. of our gratitude to Him for paying the price for us. for dying on the cross to buy our pardon. and most importantly, that part where we made the conscious decision to respond to Him. have u forgotten why you chose Him in the beginning? have u gone lukewarm? it is said in revelations, that it is better to be hot or cold, than to be lukewarm, and the Lord spit out the lukewarm (my paraphrase, with bits left from my failing memory). are u sure this is where u want to be?

REPENT. it's a choice. to turn away from watever that's not supposed to be, and walk towards the right path, leaving the past behind. it's a choice. it's YOUR choice.

RETURN. that's the best thing you can do for urself really. return to the Lord. He longs for you...

"In repentance and rest is your salvation,
In quietness and trust is your strength,
.
.
.
Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you;
he rises to show you compassion.
For the Lord is a God of justice.
Blessed are all who wait for him!"
-Isaiah 30:15-18

No matter how far you've strayed, it's never too far for you to return to God...

i think i'm still adjusting. it's weird to think that one has to adjust to home. i'm still waking up at 6+/7am albeit going to bed 12+/1am. this is my 3rd caffeine free day. welcome to coffee annonymous. i miss my BarVista. pray that the Lord will help me find my footing in Him, soon.

oh, i've finally decided to grow a boyfriend. hehehe. he's growing quite well in the container of water. apparently he shrinks when out of water and i can grow him again and again as much as i like. he's blue though. hmmmmm. i hope he doesn't become a chewy toy for my Sushi ;p



No comments: