Isaiah 41:13 (NKJV)

For I, the LORD your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, "Fear not, I will help you."

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Shining as Stars

(Philippians 2)

"12Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed--not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence--continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, 13for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose. "

Even in this seemingly endless pursuit of ... I know not what (haven't processed that through), in the "working out" of my salvation with fear and trembling... I always forget what it means that "it is God who works in me to will and to act according to his good purpose".

Matthew Henry says tt we gotta be diligent and to keep persevering to the end. I just shared with my staffworker the other day that I don't mind dying young, but that's beside the point. MH reminds me to do my utmost because my labour shall not go in vain: I must still depend on the grace of God. It helps I guess to have "you reap what you sow" ingrained in me (even though subconsciously). I probably won't recognise/see whatever I'm supposed to be reaping, but it should be sufficient to keep my eyes fixated on Lord Jesus Christ, who is the source of enduring hope. Who I am to question the unseen work of God which has eternal values?

"14Do everything without complaining or arguing, 15so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe"

I've been struggling to keep the complaints out. Is it sufficient to keep them unspoken, and better yet, undisplayed and undetected by others, or is there another step to take to demolish the very birth of them?

"16as you hold outF7 the word of life--"

footnoted as "hold on to" - ah~ the very living Word of God to be the anchor of our lives! How we ought to eat it. yum~ (i think I'm hungry)

"...in order that I may boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor for nothing."

MH: "Running denotes earnestness and vigor, continual pressing forward; laboring, denotes constancy..."


don't forget to keep replenishing ur fluids as we do this marathon ok? but watch what u're drinking... some drinks dehydrate u out even more...


"17
But even if I am being poured out like a drink offering on the sacrifice and service coming from your faith, I am glad and rejoice with all of you. 18So you too should be glad and rejoice with me."

ah~ Rejoice! again I will say Rejoice!

"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." -1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

ok, time to head back to my assignment, ungrudgingly, with a joyful heart & ceaseless prayers.

I'm not complaining =p =p =p



No comments: