Isaiah 41:13 (NKJV)

For I, the LORD your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, "Fear not, I will help you."

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

an informal formal meeting

i thought i would be quite dead by then. esp after a looooong day + not putting enough hours to sleep. but i think the oral presentation has set me on an adrenaline high.

dinner was good. not that we had 5-star main course+dessert and a glass of wine sorta dinner, but it's the company eh... and just talking about random stuff. and rather than this being another "item" to strike off on my "to-do" list, it's a celebration, a chill out session for me after a full-on day. kinda like a semi-break in between (yea, i am supposed to continue doing work). it was cool to finish the main business on a record of 32 minutes (!!!). the light atmosphere was thoroughly enjoyable. i think i'm easily amused tonight.

in the midst of all that, i had a short glimpse of us being a step closer to what i had pictured in the beginning. not that i know clearly when "the beginning" was. i've always struggled with what a "real vision" is and i doubted i ever had any. but someone said to me not too long ago, a vision is just looking ahead and seeing what's happening there. oh yes, i have that sorta vision. just that it never seem like a vision. it's not big enough. it's not ambitious enough. it's too simple? it felt more like a simplistic little dream of mine rather than what others would really label as a vision. but then again, i'm no visionary so perhaps what i see, though small, though simple, is just what God has given me and tonight, thank You Lord, I saw us taking a step towards that. my heart is just filled with gratitude for an awesome God who's placed all these special people into my life.

when i got home, i had another good hysterical laugh with my flatmate. oh, what about? we were laughing about something silly i've done. we all need a good dose of laughter every now and then. it's kinda therapeutic.

one thing i've been challenged today, though the "struggle" was only 5 minutes, was to give up something i've come to treasure and to learn to share the good things in life. Ah well~! all good things come from God anyway and i guess when i learn to be a little less self-centered, a little part of me gives way to Christ. Gradually God will chisel away bits and pieces of me that aren't contributing to the image of me in Christ that He had meant to be.

Psalm 127

1 Unless the LORD builds the house,

They labor in vain who build it;

Unless the LORD guards the city,

The watchman keeps awake in vain.

2 It is vain for you to rise up early,

To retire late,

To eat the bread of painful labors,

For He gives to His beloved even in his sleep.

sigh. if only i could go to sleep early and be given nutrition wisdom plus Japanese speaking skills. part of me wants to prepare for tmr. the other part of me is suggesting that i've come to my threshold for this week (though it's only mid-week).

hmmmm. i can't wait for Friday.

No comments: