Isaiah 41:13 (NKJV)

For I, the LORD your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, "Fear not, I will help you."

Sunday, March 11, 2007

impersonal

I have this bad nagging feeling that I'm getting more and more impersonal of late.

Accumulated emails to reply, pending ppl to catch up with, birthday cards and wedding anni card in the queue (should i still send belated ones?).

How did I get myself into this situation? Is there a way out? Could I not choose to make a deliberate choice to go against this seemingly natural inclination to be impersonal when one gets busy?

the debate of "busyness" has been in my mind quite a lot. It's not healthy. It's not balanced. It's not the way to live! Much as I would like to refuse to let busyness become a way of life, I find myself under the slavery of deadlines, of urgent things tt needs to get done which crowds up my schedule. I thought it would be much better in NZ with the laid back way of life but it seems like "I've done it again". so this kinda confirms tt it's not the pace of life (though it does affect in some way) but the problem lies in ME eh? so no matter where I go, unless I take control and be deliberately choosing wisely what I put on my plate, I'll always end up in this rush hour (more like rush semester)?

i wish i can go to africa. where i heard there's no sense of time at all. true, time is precious but who says productivity is a measure of how much u can do within a certain amount of time? perhaps i should shut myself up and out in the taize monastery in france for a month. i suspect i might go crazy in the first week but the deep sense of peace must be well worth it.

perhaps it's time to clear my plate and fill it with sushi, sashimi and tempura. but before that, I will need to enjoy the fish and chips and pizzas and salad on my plate first.

1 comment:

~lil cactus~ said...

hey dearie, you might need to start having sabbath daily. :) Sometimes, it only takes 5 mins to reorient yourself. Enjoy the ride...