Isaiah 41:13 (NKJV)

For I, the LORD your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, "Fear not, I will help you."

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Freedom in Christ

"It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery." -Galatians 5:1

"...you who are trying to be justified by law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace." (v.4)

"The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love." (v.6)

"You, my brothers, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature; rather, serve one another in love. The entire law is summed up in a single command: "Love your neighbour as yourself." " (v.13-14)

How easy it is indeed to enslave oneself to the many distractions in the nitty gritty of everyday life! Even as I've always tried to steer away from legalism, from fulfilling obligations... I have unwittingly, unknowingly, been enslaved by the yoke of guilt and self-condemnation. True, I always remind myself that I don't have to do whatever I have to do just because I have to but I choose to do it for God anyway. I always tell myself that God loves me whether or not I get something done. but as i keep pushing myself onward, it's easy to lose my steps and just tumble out of track again. and that's when one hits the wall.

Freedom in Christ.

yes, I am free indeed.

In the midst of all that's happening, I know I need to make more time for God. To just dwell and linger in His Presence and let Him fill me and refresh me. Yet I am probably not at my wisest in deciding what to keep, what's to go. I thought I'm already keeping it at a bare minimum. Yet, even as I am praying about this, God kept reminding me to love others and He kept bringing to mind, more faces, more people to call, more people to connect...

It's frustrating.

"what about me?" I asked God.

But i know deep down inside,

it's not about me...

May I continue to serve God with "work produced by faith, with labor prompted by love and to endure with hope in our Lord Jesus Christ" (1 Thessalonians 1:3).

No comments: