Isaiah 41:13 (NKJV)

For I, the LORD your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, "Fear not, I will help you."

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

"neither poverty nor riches"

(public lecture by Prof. Craig Bloomberg)

Justice for poor.

Proverbs 30:7-9
Two things I ask of you, O Lord;
do not refuse me before I die:
Keep falsehood and lies far from me;
give me neither poverty nor riches,
but give me only my daily bread.
Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you and say, 'Who is the Lord?'
Or I may become poor and steal,
and so dishonor the name of my God.

Do not lay up treasures on earth but in heaven.

Generously.

Sacrificially.

Steward for Christ.

Convictions.

2 Cor. sacrificial (8:1-9). proportional (8:10-14). accountable (8:15-9:5). rewarding (9:6-15).

"We CAN have it all...
but only in God's terms and in His timing."

No comments: