Isaiah 41:13 (NKJV)

For I, the LORD your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, "Fear not, I will help you."

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

neither here nor there

cliche has it that the grass is always greener on the other side. but knowing that in reality, the grass is not that green there, why not here?

"our citizenship is in heaven"
-Philippians 3:20

if He's gonna bring me to the ends of the earth anyway, does it matter if it's here or there?

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways," declares the Lord.
"As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts."
-Isaiah 55:8-9

so what even if the grass IS in reality greener on the other side? what's in searching for "greener" pastures if we know that our citizenship is in heaven and the lushest greeneries will not satisfy us anyway?

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make your paths straight."
-Proverbs 3:5-6

i do not understand the frustration in my heart.

No comments: