Isaiah 41:13 (NKJV)

For I, the LORD your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, "Fear not, I will help you."

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

2nd day back at Uni

huh? u mean it's only been the 2nd day back? feels like i've been back for ages~

finally submitted our 314 final resource. somehow ideas keep coming at the final moments. last night my stomach was uneasy with butterflies and i was high on adrenaline. u know it's like u've put in so much u wanna give it ur best shot even at the very last moments? i was feeling really edgy trying to figure out the technical stuff which is waaaaay beyond our grp's skills, and suddenly, the comp crashed. blackness.

i just took it as a "stop" sign from God. this edginess is getting me nowhere. give it up. let go.

found myself at the octagon for lunch. it's a nice change. the weather's beautiful and it's really good to sit right in the octagon, lunching in front of clocktower, the robbie burns statue and St. Paul's cathedral. It was hard to put down my Ling, my Japa, my Hunt but I've had enough of sitting in front of the comp or reading my notes or doing some uni stuff while lunching. Just let me enjoy lunch for once k?

5pm. Came out of class totally dazed and stressed. Ugh. There's just so much to do. written reports. oral presentation. ling's project which i haven't started. japa's essay. ocf. and the list goes on... I don't know how to balance everything anymore. Taking it easy isn't getting me anywhere. Neither is being uptight...

Thank God for really encouraging grpmates. Their support really helps me to hang on and press forward. Thanks guys, esp. my flavoured sisters. The most positive grpwork experience so far.

As i headed home, Hillsong's "Need You here" rang in my ears...

"I only want to be where You are,
Holy, Holy is the Lord,
King of Glory, Forever, Saviour of the Word"

In that split second, all that matters is our Holy God, the King of Glory, Saviour of the World...

and everything else diminished...

It was just for that second. But i appreciate tt as a reminder from God... that life is more than the assignments etc etc etc. it's just a phase i go through like every other student. it's not easy but am I prioritising? Am I fiercely guarding the precious times I have with Him? Am I trusting Him to carry me through this?

I'm also reminded that it's not about the final product. Yes it can affect my grades, which has taken a slight dip so far, but it's the process tt counts. It's what God wants me to learn from this experience, what lasting relationships forged from this, the perseverance to press on, and most of all, the knowledge that God is with me throughout this project...

Dunedin OCF

No comments: