Isaiah 41:13 (NKJV)

For I, the LORD your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, "Fear not, I will help you."

Saturday, January 26, 2008

thoughts of the day

Have you ever felt like you've been plunged into a day that you weren't prepared to take on yet? Even if it's a day that doesn't seem to have much on it?

and by the end of it you wonder, huh? the day's almost gone already? where did it go?

having someone walk with you makes the journey shorter and faster. but when you walk alone, you get to do things you wouldn't want others to see...

ever sang out loud on the streets while it's snowing heavily?

having mufflers helped.

word of the day: conviction.

where's the conviction?

Listen.

Be still, my soul: thy God doth undertake
To guide the future, as He has the past.
Thy hope, thy confidence let nothing shake;
All now mysterious shall be bright at last.
Be still, my soul: the waves and winds still know
His voice Who ruled them while He dwelt below.

-"Be still, My Soul" by Katharina A. von Schlegel (2nd verse)

You will know.


3 comments:

Laurie Elliot said...

I have lots of days like that! :-)

But today I did get something done - as of this moment my inbox only has 70 emails in it! (I tried listening to all that new music you sent while I wrote - but I'm back to my favorite - "The Ancient Faith".)

BTW, I love that song you quote here - and, yes, I do sing in the snow. Its so much fun.

*cq* said...

thought u might enjoy Father's Love letter.

andie, ciwa and I sang Christmas carols as we walked back tog! at the top of our lungs! what did u put in those muffins?! ;p

Laurie Elliot said...

Muffins? Maybe it was the soup! My secret... But Mary and I sang, too, at the top of our lungs, along with Scott Wesley Brown singing about the Kingdom of Love. :-)