Isaiah 41:13 (NKJV)

For I, the LORD your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, "Fear not, I will help you."

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

"I will be still, know You are God"

Today when I was walking,
I remember not where I was headed,
nor what I was looking for.
I remember not the time of the day,
nor the people, places ard me.

I only remember,
the surge of panic arising,
as waves of gloom and uncertainty,
swallowed me whole.

It was hard to breathe,
I found myself gasping for air.
I knew I needed to rise above the waters,
the waters that threaten to drown me so.

It was a passing moment,
but the struggle was real.
A song came into my head,
and reminded me that,
the struggle is not mine alone.

STILL
(Reuben Morgan)

Hide me now
Under Your wings
Cover me
within Your mighty hand

When the oceans rise and thunders roar
I will soar with you above the storm
Father You are King over the flood
I will be still, know you are God

Find rest my soul
In Christ alone
Know his power
In quietness and trust

When the oceans rise and thunders roar
I will soar with you above the storm
Father You are King over the flood
I will be still, know you are God
"Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
The LORD is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom.
He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint."
-Isaiah 40:27-31


No comments: