Isaiah 41:13 (NKJV)

For I, the LORD your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, "Fear not, I will help you."

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

煉瓦亭(Ren Ga Tei) @ 土手町

I don't think this is the cafe I was looking for, but nevertheless I had an enjoyable time. There weren't many ppl, which suited me perfectly. 60's decor. Orange lights - not very good for photo-taking but good enough for me to read and write without putting any strain on my eyes.

view from the window







it's actually pretty good! =)

I thought I'm rather oblivious to lyrics of background music... but I caught myself humming along with what was playing:

"It was an itsy bitsy teenie weenie yellow polka-dot bikini..."

while I was reading:

And you have forgotten that word of encouragement that addresses you as sons:

"My son, do not make light of the Lord's discipline,
and do not lose heart when he rebukes you,

because the Lord disciplines those he loves,

and he punishes everyone he accepts as a son."

Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as sons. For what son is not disciplined by his father? If you are not disciplined (and everyone undergoes discipline), then you are illegitimate children and not true sons. Moreover, we have all had human fathers who disciplined us and we respected them for it. How much more should we submit to the Father of our spirits and live! Our fathers disciplined us for a little while as they thought best; but God disciplines us for our good, that we may share in his holiness. No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.

-Hebrews 12:5-11

Along the same train of thought that's been planted in my head since New Year's eve. Renovation of the heart. Brokenness. Just like how the alabaster jar of expensive perfume has to be broken first, before the fragrance can have its effect. Painful brokenness. Sweet-smelling fragrance.

With comfy boots, warm enough clothing, nothing heavy to carry, no time schedule, mp3 music in my ears, I was surprised to find myself enjoying the walk in the snow. It's really beautiful! The snowflakes were bigger today. I held some on my glove-covered palm and the flakes sparkled as though they were winking at me! =)

Sometimes Japan feels so familiar yet foreign, I feel like I'm in a scene of a movie. And in the scene described above, I could almost begin to dance in the snow...


No comments: