Isaiah 41:13 (NKJV)

For I, the LORD your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, "Fear not, I will help you."

Monday, January 28, 2008

Exam blues

I've been wishing there's a fast forward button I can press. Although I must admit the exams and presentation in this couple weeks are nothing like the real exams in Otago, exam blues are perhaps a form of knee-jerk reaction. Maybe I should think of them as practices and exercises. Not tests/exams.

Reminded me of how every semester come exam time, a good friend of mine and I would joke about dropping uni and getting married. This time round, she really is getting married (after she graduates of course ;p).

Exam blues are... ugh.

It is therefore refreshing waking up to this particular tune in my head. Since I only knew the first line, it played over and over again in my head, as if some sort of a wake-up anthem:

"Day by day and with each passing moment..."

after endless repetition of that line, I knew I had to google the rest of the song.

"Day by day and with each passing moment,
Strength I find to meet my trials here."

I especially found encouragement in the 2nd stanza:

"Ev'ryday the Lord Himself is near me
With a special mercy for each hour;
All my cares He fain would bear and cheer me,
He whose name is Counselor and Pow'r.
The protection of His child and treasure,
Is a charge that on Himself He laid;
'As your days, your strength shall be in measure,'
This the pledge to me He made."

Here is a trustworthy saying:

If we died with him, we will also live with him;
if we endure, we will also reign with him.
If we disown him, he will also disown us;
if we are faithless, he will remain faithful, for he cannot disown himself.

-2 Timothy 2:11-13


No comments: