Isaiah 41:13 (NKJV)

For I, the LORD your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, "Fear not, I will help you."

Saturday, July 15, 2006

slow & easy

saturday. i allowed myself to sleep in after a whole week of 8am. i'm not sure when to start my sabbath cos there's so much readings awaiting me and i'm almost tempted to convince myself that reading academic articles could be classified as leisure reading (ya, plus a good cuppa on a comfy couch, it might just be!) so it's ok to do tt for my sabbath. or maybe i can count sleeping in as taking up sabbath time, and church tmr plus lunch at anthony's, so tt makes up a full sabbath eh?

dreamt tt mum came unannounced. i was horrified cos she would know exactly how busy i am and how most of the busyness comes from J-week n ocf stuff. but i reckon this sem's a better balance of uni work and ocf/j-week stuff. at least i'm not leaving everything until after J-week. would be too late by then. it's a challenge not to neglect studies but at least i'm trying to prevent the scale frm being totally tipped on one side. but mum being mum, said it's ok, she's here to cook for me and do all the domestic chores for me. feel so blessed. although it's just a dream, i know very well that if not for financial constraints, mum would do exactly that. such is her love for me. just got off the phone with her. i miss eating proper meals. din realise that eating properly would require such discipline. ugh.

here's my new found friend. tamago-san. he's becoming a good good friend.

open him up, fill in some water, chuck an egg inside and put him into the microwave and watch him turn round and round. 3 mins for half boiled, 5 mins for hard boiled.

the only shortcoming: the half-boiled egg isn't very hot. or maybe it's the weather here that cools it down quite a bit. but ah well, tt'll do...

2 comments:

sunshine said...

Rest!! this is something that God really want us to pursue!! Hebrews 4 Let us not give up to enter that rest!! He works and at the 7th day He rest!! matthew 11 come to me to rest!! GO!!

*cq* said...

hey bro! it's good to hear from u! how's it going?

yea~ i pretty much rested this weekend. well, i didn't do much, keeping fingers crossed tt productivity is inversely proportionate to rest ;p