Isaiah 41:13 (NKJV)

For I, the LORD your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, "Fear not, I will help you."

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

life goes on...

on my way home today, i saw a huge bright egg yolk hanging mid-air against the backdrop of snow-capped Mt. Iwaki. The warm red glow was like an invitation... I didn't hesitate for long. Plans for the night were postponed as I set myself on a chase after the sunset...

...and that's how I ended up at the park again. I've always meant to go for the night view with the lights. There were still sporadic groups of people spreading out their picnic mats but...

the sakura have come and gone.

who in the world attach such emotions to flowers?! I felt silly. yet, the strong emotional stirring seemed to suggest that the sakura that had brought so much anticipation, excitement and hope previously, but hadn't last long enough were beyond mere flowers, more than just another part of the ever renewing ecosystem of nature.

"Couldn't you wait for just a little while more?"

But how long is long enough?

As the skyline dimmed, the swaying green leaves seemed to be mocking me,

"We'll blossom again with ever increasing glorious splendor next year, and His name will be forever praised and glorified. But u won't be ard anymore."

It must be my imagination.

and the caffeine too.

"All men are like grass,
and all their glory is like the flowers of the field;
the grass withers and the flowers fall,
but the word of the Lord stands forever."
-1 Peter 1:24-25

At least the tulips are still standing tall. They are the faithful ones that stood around and waited for me.

No comments: