Isaiah 41:13 (NKJV)

For I, the LORD your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, "Fear not, I will help you."

Saturday, April 12, 2008

baking disaster

i just had to bake today. the toaster looked promising for a half-dozen muffin tray. nope, didn't fit. thankfully, the muffin tray went into the microwave-oven.

as i went from place to place picking up ingredients, making up a few of my own substitutions, i realised baking ain't no cheap hobby.

with time, effort and money spent... it was rather discouraging when my bran muffins came out like this:



was it really because maple syrup wouldn't make adequate substitution for molasses? or that all bran cereal's a bad idea for bran?



actually... the bran muffin didn't taste all that bad. they just don't look too elegant. the real problem? i'll try halving the recipe next time and not be too stubborn in overfilling the muffin tray.

can't let one disaster stop u from baking.

a chance to redeem myself...



Raisin oatmeal muffins.



Haven't tried it yet. Looks ok. but I am already regretting not putting in the walnuts. sigh.

i suspect i harbor the dissatisfaction that it hadn't been a good day today.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

as long as the food taste good...i don't care how it look! Just like people... :)

Bibs said...

hahahahahaha...you never fail to make me laugh with your kitchen disasters....*reminiscing of the good ol days*

Anonymous said...

i wanna eat themm..........ship them over? hehe it's a healthy recipe :)

*cq* said...

yay! ppl are still reading my blog! yea~ this reminded me of my costly disaster when i had to throw away a batter with half bottle of Baileys in them... :/

i think i am improving. gradually. ;p