Isaiah 41:13 (NKJV)

For I, the LORD your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, "Fear not, I will help you."

Monday, April 27, 2009

never make assumptions

A group of us wanted to visit a Catholic Church just to see what it's like. There's one near my house and I found the church's mass schedule online. Evening Sunday masses are at 6:45pm. 1st and 3rd Sundays in Tamil.

2 groups of us. 2 cars. Church was exceptionally quiet. No one was in sight. Well, there was a man who was "reading papers in a nice environment". No one who knew what was happening was in sight. We took a look at the mass schedule again:

"Sundays 8:30am English
10:30am Chinese
6:45pm Tamil (1st & 3rd Sundays)"

Man. How did I read it in such a way that I was so convinced in my head that if 1st and 3rd Sundays' mass is in Tamil, then 2nd & 4th Sundays' mass is in English???

ops.

We headed out for Bak Kut Teh dinner instead. Thankfully I was with a bunch of good-natured people.


2 comments:

Chuggin McCoffee said...

I love the pic of your espresso, cuz I think it really is the nectar of the gods :) I love my trusty espresso machine to give me a good case of the jitters. Love it :)

why said...

you're SO lucky to have such good-natured friends.


;)