Isaiah 41:13 (NKJV)

For I, the LORD your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, "Fear not, I will help you."

Monday, April 13, 2009

another weekend

time to bid farewell to another weekend. not just any other weekend, it's Easter weekend! I suppose I haven't been as reflective as I should have been, and the significance of the cross in my life should really be a daily issue rather than a once-a-year thing...

Easter. My very first Easter - I remember fanfaric music, people carrying large impressive banners into church (they were doing Easter drama) and I had invited my 2 closest college friends. My memories of Easter in NZ comprises of Brumby's Choc Hot Cross Buns + lots and lots of choc eggs. Hmmmmm. My memories of Easter in Japan... a reflective one, over a span of 40+ days (from Lent onwards), Passover, Choc Rooster, Choc Lamb, Easter "Advent" candles... 7 years later, I've come one full circle back to Easter in KL again.

7.5 years of walking with my Lord and my God. But of course, He knew me prior to these 7.5 years, and more importantly, He has reached out for me and made Himself known to me. Sounds like a rather long period of time, yet I think I've barely scratched the surface of coming to know the One who created Heaven & earth, the One who breathed life into humanity, the One who handcrafted me and knitted me in my mother's womb.

I've been weary before. I've been in despair before. But I've also tasted His goodness and His faithfulness. It's been an up-&-down 7 years. But no matter how foggy the journey ahead may seem to me at the moment, somewhere deep inside me I know that He will carry me through, not just another 7 years but many more good and fruitful 7 years to come.

Soli Deo gloria.

No comments: