Isaiah 41:13 (NKJV)

For I, the LORD your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, "Fear not, I will help you."

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

incoherent thoughts at 1am

"Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." -Isaiah 40:30-31

Soar. Run. Walk.

someone once pointed out the order to me. Soar. Run. Walk. the following train of thought that came to me is probably very very out of context, but nevertheless, a thought is a thought, and very often the trigger of a thought has almost nothing to do with the very thought itself.

The soar didn't last very long. The run has slowed down to a walk, which is more accurately, wobbly stumbles rather than the firm steps of a steady gait. The transition from spring to fall is almost too quick. Will the weathered down wings ever come to life again and take flight?

I miss autumn and winter. As I raced down the street that has grown so familiar in the past 9 months, I thought about how fast my here and now today will become a thing of the past tomorrow, and a mere distant memory before I know it.


No comments: