Isaiah 41:13 (NKJV)

For I, the LORD your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, "Fear not, I will help you."

Friday, July 18, 2008

Count the stars

"Look up at the heavens and count the stars-if indeed you can count them."

I wanna go counting stars too.

At midnight, the air was only slightly cooling. Cycling gave both the refreshing breeze of rushing wind (when I peddled fast enough), and the rising heat from increasing metabolic rate. The only bright spark against the dark backdrop of the sky wasn't twinkling. No star gazing tonight I guess. The moon was full though. A kind-looking moon it was. The reassuring kind. Such that when the thick black clouds covered it, you have the assurance that the kind-looking moon is still smiling at you warmly on the other side. He's right there, whether you can see Him or not.

After this, the word of the LORD came to Abram in a vision:

"Do not be afraid, Abram.
I am your shield,
your very great reward. "

He (God) took him outside and said, "Look up at the heavens and count the stars-if indeed you can count them." Then he (God) said to him, "So shall your offspring be."

Abram believed the LORD , and he (God) credited it to him as righteousness.

(excerpts from Genesis 15)

In uni, we get credits after passing our courses.

Abram got his credit by believing.

I think I've failed miserably. He's probably making sure I do re-tests until I pass.

Anyways.

I'm not sure I know how to proceed with my War Lit exam essay.

主よ、助けてください。

No comments: