Isaiah 41:13 (NKJV)

For I, the LORD your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, "Fear not, I will help you."

Monday, April 30, 2007

full-time student

one of the things i've picked up over camp was that God has also placed me in Dunedin as a full-time student. it's like "duh", yet this thought persisted and i started wondering what it means to be a full-time student...

it was suggested to me that perhaps i should block out my full-time study hours first, and then structure ministry and other stuff around this schedule...

my instantaneous response was: it's taken me a while to dethrone studies and now i have to do the reverse?

i admit i am aware that i've swung to the other opposite end. "the struggle to balance between the study schedule + workload, ministry, rest, healthy lifestyle etc... will always be present". hmmmmm.

i started calculating. using the pre-new credit system (which is the same anyway, just bigger numbers now), i'm meant to spend 2 hours for every credit. it works out tt I should be spending 48 hours/week of lecture time, lab time + self-study, assignments etc. keeping a day of sabbath rest, that means i'm meant to be working on studies 8 hours/day. 8 hours/day!!!

it felt like a rock has just crashed on me. i am barely spending 4 hours/day (well, it doesn't feel like i am) inclusive of lectures and stuff. being the slower student that i am i prob need like 10hrs/day or something. no wonder my sch work has been suffering. no wonder i'm struggling to keep up. i'm already in my final year! if i can go through final year the same way i did for 1st, 2nd year papers, on a 4hour/day basis (when it should have been 8-10), what kinda Uni am I in? gosh. rather implicitly, i have belittled the qualifications given by the uni i'm attending.

sigh. time for restructuring my schedule perhaps?




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:) the credit system is a guideline. How you use it depends on you...

*ahem* i think i am not being a good influence.