Isaiah 41:13 (NKJV)

For I, the LORD your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, "Fear not, I will help you."

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Kiss Intimidation Goodbye~

This morning's sermon was introduced as "it's about kissing...". I'm sure glad it was more than just that. In fact, it's the practical "how-to" follow-up from where Pastor left off 2 weeks ago.

I am aware that I've been living in intimidation most of my life. I'm intimidated by most things, some in a smaller scale, some to a larger extent. Sometimes I question myself: hey, why live in fear? God did not give me a spirit of timidity, but of power, of love, and of self-discipline (2 Timothy 1:7).

From the sermon, I guess I need to believe in my identity as a child of God, and not just that, but to believe that I'm exactly where He wants me to be, doing just what He wants me to do. I'm not perfect, it's ok to make mistakes. I'm a unique individual, it's ok to sound weird. Even little me has something to offer to God... (self-affirmation). But sometimes I can't help but wonder, really, beneath all that is on the surface, perhaps the lack of roar in me is a mere reflection of the type of walk I have with God? hmmmm.

God really gives us "practice" after we've received His word. Just when I was getting groceries, who did I meet in the supermarket but Intimidation himself? After a whole term of avoiding this intimidation, God re-surfaced this intimidation, right after a sermon on "kissing intimidation goodbye". Intimidation didn't glance at me twice, yet the butterflies in my stomach were real. and ugh, it threw me into a lot of thinking again...

I guess when one gets intimidated by most things, there will come a time when one gets sick of it all and decides that "enough is enough". after all, Romans 8 tells us in verse 31 that "if God is for us, who can be against us?" and in verse 37 that "in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us."

yes, I am more than a conqueror through him who loves me.

boy, this is another good kissing lesson. the other good kissing lesson i've had was "i kissed dating goodbye" by joshua harris. =)

4 comments:

mart said...

man! what in the world could intimidate super unintimidatable (is that even a word? lol) siqin?

*cq* said...

hehehe. u sure u got the right siqin? ;p

and who's the linguist here (they're the only ones that can make up new words)? ;p

guchi guchi said...

i must say i feel quite insecure around certain groups of people but recently i just tell myself the earth is the Lords and the fulness thereof, the world and all its people belong to him {psalm 25:1}.

I am the son of God, this is my inheritance. Then i feel better.

Love your blog posts :)

*cq* said...

=) thanks for the encouragement.

i think my mind overthink and tt's the cause of many fears. we all need reminders about who we are in Him =)