Isaiah 41:13 (NKJV)

For I, the LORD your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, "Fear not, I will help you."

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Ordering Your Private World

As I enter my final two weeks in Msia, I've been thinking a lot about the year ahead. This "thinking" has always been at the back of my mind really. I know that to prepare me for what is in store in 2007, there are heaps of renovation that God needs to do in me...


A run-through of 2006 made me realize that I often hit the wall, as mentioned in the preface of "Ordering Your Private World" by Gordon Macdonald. I thank God that I lost the earlier edition of the book (yea, the one that vanished from my hands). The previous book was already convicting me yet the new edition spoke right into what I've been feeling and experiencing.

My inner garden needs cultivation. Some serious gardening needs to be done by the Gardener.

This book has given me really practical pointers and I appreciate the many examples the author used to help me see a point. It's an easy read on one hand (not that kind tt makes u go "huh?" every so often) yet on the other hand, it calls for a deliberate decision on the readers' side to start the "ordering" process.

Many times I find myself in the midst of every hustle bustle. I'll try to dirty my hands somehow and just fill up every empty slot with things to do. I've been a driven person. But after all these busyness going on at the surface, what's it really like on the inside?




No comments: