Isaiah 41:13 (NKJV)

For I, the LORD your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, "Fear not, I will help you."

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Can Two Walk Together?

3:09am.

Despite not having slept much the previous night, having a whole day out, and in the midst of reading another book, I was led to pick up "Can Two Walk Together? - Issues Christians struggle with" written by Ps Tony & Aunty Teresa. After I unwrapped the book from it's plastic covering, it was the point of no return. I just had to finish it in one sitting.

The excerpt, only a page long, had me in tears, even though it's a story I've heard before. Yet, in the 1st chapter, Ps Tony & Aunty Teresa's love story sent me into bouts of laughter, with my face still wet with tears. I admit I'm a sucker for love stories - I try to stay away, but this is different. this is no fairy tale - it's real. God is in it.

As I flipped the pages, the words came alive and I heard them in either Ps Tony's or Aunty Teresa's voice. It's refreshing to see how God is at work here in Malaysia. Having been away 1/3 of my life, I embrace the Malaysian flavour. It's like inhaling the exotic aroma of curry laksa after the numerous cuppa with cheesecakes. And the beauty of Malaysia is that you can have ur cuppa and drink it, you can have ur cheesecake and eat it, after your curry laksa.

From the heart-warming love story, to calling vs job vs vocation, serving God in the drudgery yet finding joy, superstitions, the spirits in the world, identity, the faithfulness of a God who provides, NS in Msia, the typical Asian dad we can't relate to, sufferings... God is there.

Yes, indeed, God is right here with us. Every step we take in His will.

No comments: