Isaiah 41:13 (NKJV)

For I, the LORD your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, "Fear not, I will help you."

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Mr. Gambus Acoustic Project @ Alexis

Acoustic. Coffee. Tiramisu. Choc brownie + vanilla ice-cream. Friends. Ambience.

How sweet is that?

It was a thoroughly enjoyable night. Either I've never realised it, or I've forgotten, how live music (good ones) in the appropriate ambience can bring such relaxation to me.

And of course, I was most drawn by the percussionist. Even though it was quite hard for me to eye him from my angle (and with my height) but the drum beats n rhythms just went into my soul. The full sounding bass beat he made from a simple slap in just the right section of the drum skin (pardon me for the layman terms, my music lingo is painfully lacking) aligned my heartbeat with the drum beat instantly. Recalling my TK days, finding the right part to hit with the right curve of ur palm with just the right amount of pressure to bring the most beautiful sound has resulted in endless attempts which brought swollen red palms. and I doubt I ever got the right note.

Of course, I enjoyed the company of good friends too. Thanks for your time =)

So now i know how i find rest and relaxation. One of the means anyway.

Next weekend - 19 & 20th Jan. Angelita Li's "Journey of Brazilian & Fusion Jazz". I heard the whole grp's pretty good. Like, there's the best drummer in Asia. Can I allow myself to miss that?

Brazilian & Fusion Jazz anyone?

No comments: