Isaiah 41:13 (NKJV)

For I, the LORD your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, "Fear not, I will help you."

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Häagen-Dazs @ KLCC

that's where we're supposed to go on Sat night. I'm not complaining though. I got the best of both places :p

One thing I've realised about myself is that when an obstacle comes my way, I tend to get so sucked into the circumstances that I don't see beyond the big boulder on my way. It gets into me, burdens my shoulders and blocks my path...

and then God steps into the picture and reminds me "Hey, don't forget Who's your Father in Heaven and that you are serving not just anyone but ME..."

yesterday was like that. I was almost crying out "see la! i knew this would happen! i knew things are gonna go wrong..."

then God reminded me...

"Hey, I never said things are gonna be easy eh?"

That's true. It has never been easy (most of the time). I should have learnt and know very well by now that whenever there's an opportunity for obstacles to arise, they will. BUT, it is in those times that God has delivered. Time and time again He's proven faithful. So why am I still worrying? Man, i need to learn to trust God.

The picture that came to mind yesterday in response to the boulder that I was almost cynically admiring, was that we're in spiritual training. And it is when we need to take the longer routes, the more challenging paths, that our spiritual muscles are exercised to develop perseverance and endurance. I like exercise. Sometimes. OK, maybe I should say I like the benefits of exercise. The kinda exercise that helps develop cardiovascular health will require u to huff n puff, to sweat quite a bit, so that ur heart rate will increase. It takes effort. Likewise with our spiritual muscles. We're all undergoing spiritual training here. We need to take the longer routes, huff and puff over the increased intensity of the training in order for us to develop perseverance.

After i get into the routine of habitual exercise... a little laziness could very well bring me back to ground zero. and it's all zilch again. Beware of a little laziness here and there... we need to be alert at all times.

But then again, let's not focus too much on the pains of training and forget abt the joys of running~ =p we serve an Almighty God after all. He who allows that boulder to increase the challenge of the training will also equip us with whatever we need to overcome it. Above all, enjoy the training with Him and watch Him work wonders for u. And after u have suffered a little while, go treat yourself some Häagen-Dazs.

No comments: