Isaiah 41:13 (NKJV)

For I, the LORD your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, "Fear not, I will help you."

Sunday, February 22, 2009

signing off my weekend

It's been a long time since I got up before the sun did and stepped out of the door being greeted by a bright yellow smile on brightening hues of blue up above. A day where I didn't expect myself to last, yet it became one of the longest day, at the same time the shortest weekend in a long while.

Over today's service I found my mind drifting away to English Fellowship in Hirosaki. I miss it. The opening psalm & prayer, the OT & NT readings, the hymns, the prayers, the sermon and last but not least, Gloria Patri.

Point #5 of today's sermon stated: Historically, the people of God are a singing people. A singing people indeed. I suspect we're all made to be singing people, whether we can carry a tune or not, whether we have any sense of rhythm or not.

O, how I dearly miss the singing people and how I long for them!

"O for a thousand tongues to sing My great Redeemer's praise,
The glories of my God and King, The triumphs of His grace."



No comments: