Isaiah 41:13 (NKJV)

For I, the LORD your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, "Fear not, I will help you."

Thursday, February 14, 2008

pebble cafe

When I read about this cafe online, I was puzzled by the seemingly centrality of its location along DoteMachi which has escaped my inquisitive eyes...

it wasn't until i stood right in front of it that I realised it isn't a part of Home Works, an expensive-looking decor shop selling cute trinkets.

I really like the decor of this cafe...















I'm glad I had the whole cafe to myself. It's a bit risky to venture out on V-day, hoping for some tranquility. But then again, maybe cafe settings ain't the Japanese idea of a romantic V-day outing.

I could sit here all day and read/write letters... The brownie had a soft texture and the almond slivers provided enough crunch for balance. And I wonder why is my face ballooning and my bank account clearing out...

Come to think of it, I suspect there are more cafe options here in Hirosaki than Dunedin...

8 comments:

Nick said...

If you liked that place, try Himawari Cafe. It's near Homeworks too.

...not my style, but you might like it.

*cq* said...

i've been there. it was good... until i found even better places ;p

Nick said...

You should make a map: "The cafes of Hirosaki" :)

*cq* said...

i was thinking of a cafe photo book of hirosaki. complete with opening hours, price range, some description...

but as always, this will just remain something i think of but isn't likely to get carried out...

Nick said...

You could sell that. Take out the price range, be sure to say something nice about each one, and you could even sell it in the cafes. :)

...it looks like you've picked up Laurie's internet addiction ;)

*cq* said...

hmmmm. i wonder if anyone would pay for it?

yea, i confess i do sit in front of my comp and rot. esp during hols. sigh.

Nick said...

Oh yeah, you're on holiday.

Feel free to rot in front of the computer!

...I should get back to work. oopps.

Laurie Elliot said...

This is the cafe I tried to tell you about when I was telling you about my experience at Himawari.