Isaiah 41:13 (NKJV)

For I, the LORD your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, "Fear not, I will help you."

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

distressing

It's distressing to have a random man knock on my door and telling me it's required by law for me to pay for having a black box sitting in a corner of my room, kept under covers with heaps of stuff piled on it. I haven't turn that black box on since Oct last year.

it's even more distressing when another kind man came to my rescue and after some serious contention, the first random man leaves in a huff. I think he's angry. Even behind the tatemae of polite speech used, his irritation was evident. The kind man was carrying refrigerators around for my neighbour when he came and stood for my cause. I don't even know how to thank him. Before he left, he assured me even Japanese don't pay for their black boxes and told me to study hard.

the downside of living alone in a foreign place where you don't know what's required by law and what's not. especially perilous for naive ppl like me. i hate to feel victimised. ugh.

5 comments:

chuaju_lah said...

hehe..ur face looks easy to bully ma.. hehe.. faster come back KL le

*cq* said...

easy to bully? hmmmmm... come back for u to bully izzit?

Anonymous said...

eh come back for me to bully also...u need to learn the art of slamming the door...or the art of smackdown...

Anonymous said...

in Singapore, you'll have to pay your tv license fee, if not, you'll need to appear in court!

*cq* said...

my tv is safely tucked into a corner of my closet already...