Isaiah 41:13 (NKJV)

For I, the LORD your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, "Fear not, I will help you."

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

大坊小学校 Daibou Elementary School

3 of us visited Daibou Elementary Sch. Each grade did presentations for us and we participated in many of the games they introduced.

Primary 1-3 kids. 7-9 yr olds.

the teacher introduced France, Malaysia and Korea. He really did a great job researching on our countries. I think he might be able to tell u more facts about Malaysia than I can...

For example, I knew one side of the Twin Towers was built by Koreans, the other side by the Japanese. The interesting "new" fact? The connecting bridge was built by the French. (All mentioned countries were represented.)

けんだま - everyone had their own set. it's a wooden toy with a ball attached by a string. you gotta get the ball to settle on one side of the wooden surface. *pause* ok, that's a pretty bad description...

"Edelweiss"

The Primary 4-6s were more subdued.

Haiku - a form of Japanese poetry. yea, the primary sch girl's taller than me...

it was a good experience for me. interesting to see what they do in a Japanese primary sch and some of their childhood games. the lower grades' kids were so cute & adorable! seeing them so 元気 reminded me how awesome sch was. and i wonder what happened in between those years and now. but still, it brings a smile to think that, once long ago... i was probably that cute and adorable too.

so were u...

No comments: