Isaiah 41:13 (NKJV)

For I, the LORD your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, "Fear not, I will help you."

Saturday, December 01, 2007

Crystal Mountain

Blue Mountain's overrated. Or perhaps a little amateur like me just doesn't know how to appreciate one of the most prized and valued beans, dare i say, worldwide. But of course, passing judgment based on just that one/two cuppa is like closing a case prematurely.

i found solace in "Tea & Co." today. It's by far the best, non-chained, cafe in Hirosaki. One that I can truly say I'm satisfied with. Since Blue Mountain doesn't rank very high in my humble preferences, Crystal Mountain sounded tempting. Or perhaps, having encountered it for the very first time is in itself tantalizing enough.

This Cuban beauty's smoothness took me by surprise. The pleasant after-taste is not unlike that of the Colombian beans. It makes you want to make sure you're making a good spread over your taste palate.

I've always enjoyed doing work accompanied by a good cuppa. Perhaps the long deprivation of real coffee amplified the pleasure and joy of this cuppa - it demanded my full attention while delivering its promises.

A good cuppa brings peace, calmness and ease into one's heart.

No comments: