Isaiah 41:13 (NKJV)

For I, the LORD your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, "Fear not, I will help you."

Monday, December 31, 2007

Aomori Living English Camp - Winter 2007

it's been really really awesome! =) =) =)

a very different experience, serving in a very different way.

being kitchen staff with the Elliot ladies was the best kitchen training i can ever receive. it's a cycle of chopping up stuff, doing dishes, checking the drinks section (especially to ensure the coffee machine's on - we have coffee-dependent ppl ard ;p), baking bread rolls, muffins, making quiche from scratch etc. i've never made so many things from scratch before! but even more than the kitchen internship i went through, it was a huge privilege to observe the Elliot ladies persevere on in love, with heaps of patience. I don't think I can ask for an even better kitchen atmosphere. Beats HUNT 213/313 anytime... not that I've taken those papers but I've heard enough.



it was tiring alright, my fingers still smell of onions, but the satisfaction is certainly rewarding. God is certainly at work in the ppl He brought, staff and campers alike. Although I didn't have very deep interaction with the Japanese this time round... I've learnt so much serving on the other side.

we had ppl of all ages - from high schoolers to retired ppl. It was interesting to see them interact and all had tremendous fun!



Laurie was doing a great job teaching guys to do dishes and how to serve their wives when they get married. Helping out in the kitchen (and with housework etc) is certainly the manly thing to do. I might seriously consider getting my future fiance to go through English Camp by the Elliots.

the Mrs Elliot Dishes Boot Camp skit done by the boys

usually after going through a round of crazy hecticness and tiredness, i retreat into rest thinking "I never want to do this again". Each time I see another round of crazy hecticness and tiredness coming, I ask the Lord to help me embrace it joyfully...

But after this camp, I can't wait for the next one!



Summer Camp: 3-6 August, 2008 @ Aomori Christian Center.

Come join us! =)

No comments: