Isaiah 41:13 (NKJV)

For I, the LORD your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, "Fear not, I will help you."

Saturday, May 26, 2007

d most perfect gift?

right now, the #1 gift i've been secretly dreaming of, is...

that i can go to bed now and have an awesome dream, sleep in tmr, and when i wake up, my 40% ling assignment is miraculously completed and ready for submission, and that won't be just an awesome dream...

dennis got baptised today! so happy for him =) reminded me very much of my own baptism just slightly more than a year ago. tonight was a special baptism service at elim, and it struck me just how much my CG had gone the extra extra extra mile to organise a baptism service, outside normal church services, at a different location, for my baptism. me alone somemore. *touched* thank you Pastor Tony and College CG - really grateful. thinking back, i wished i had spent more time in solitude, in reflection, and just being still before the Lord in preparation for the baptism. isn't it so me to just pack up every hour as much as i can?

i find myself longing for simplicity. i suspect i have been anti-social lately. my apologies. i think retreating is a mere consequence of a lack of quality rest in God. i felt like i needed space. it was a cool night to take a stroll on the streets of Dunedin. the walk took me to the quiet railway, up to the octagon. standing in the midst of bright lights, gazing up into the starless sky, i think i miss the brighter lights of KL. george street looked different at night. the walk was rather uneventful, it was as though God had clothed me with the cloak of invisibility (yea, kinda like harry potter). not tt i expected anything to happen. before i decided to take this little detour, i had peace that i would be protected by legions of angels.

the feeling that there's something more out there that awaits me hits even stronger tonight.

No comments: