Isaiah 41:13 (NKJV)

For I, the LORD your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, "Fear not, I will help you."

Sunday, March 15, 2009

"life is excruciatingly painful"

I just heard this statement not too long ago.

I suppose when one is in pain, it feels like it's never-ending and there doesn't seem to be any light at all at the end of the tunnel.

In church this morning, momentary excruciating pain wrenched my heart. Perhaps the depth of such sorrow is a thing of the past, whatever struck me was more like an aftertaste. A lingering memory. In an almost unfathomable way, came the memories of exuberant joy. The sort that lifts your spirit up to soar on eagle's wing.

At the heart of this mysterious paradox lies the cross. Excruciating pain on the road to Calvary. Exuberant joy on His resurrection.

All that I am, all that I have
I lay them down before you, O Lord
All my regrets, all my acclaims
The joy and the pain, I'm making them Yours

Lord, I offer my life to You
Everything I've been through
Use it for your Glory
Lord I offer my days to You
Lifting my praise to You as a pleasing sacrifice
Lord I offer you my life

Things in the past, things yet unseen
Wishes and dreams that are yet to come true
All of my hopes, all of my plans
My heart and my hands are lifted to you

What can we give that You have not given
What do we have that is not already yours
All we possess are these lives we're living
And that's what we give to you Lord

"I Offer My Life"

No comments: